The organization is committed to:
- Employment generation for the rural youth in the mountain areas through various new initiatives..
- Support craft persons practicing different kinds of natural resource based crafts such as hill bamboo ( Ringaal) basketry, natural fibre based eco textiles etc. ( Himalayan Nettle and industrial Hemp)
- Provide technical and marketing support to rural initiatives
- Work with individuals and Self Help Groups for the promotion of organic farming, fruit processing, cultivation of medicinal plants, Promotion of Ecotourism, Renewable energy and value added herbs
Future Plans and the Way Forward:
- Develop and implement training programmes for youth to br trained as tourist guides, tour operators, hospitality serviced providers etc.
- Provide training and support to promote organic farming for eco sustainability and better returns to farmers.
- Support communities for establishing facilities for value added products for better returns. Create logistic and marketing networks to benefit local farmers
Take Ecotourism to higher levels to attract high networth individuals and foreigners thereby bringing higher visibility to the wonders of the Himalayas and better income generation for communities
Under Ecotourism activities: