The main objectives of AAGAAS are :
- To promote various environmentally sustainable initiatives focusing on natural resource conservation and recycle for long term growth and sustainability.
- Undertake activities for the protection of bio-diversity of the mountain region.
- To promote the various crafts existing in rural and urban areas of the Central Himalayan region of Uttarakhand and work for the economic upliftment of craftpersons , Women folk and youths of the region.
- Facilitate technology transfer in areas related to agriculture, horticulture, biotechnology interventions and promotion of local crafts.
- Support rural marketing and sales through various measures such as establishment of display centers, marketing tie-ups etc
- Provide training for capacity building and skill up gradation in various areas to improve economic independence.